Kilpatrick Townsend Elects New Partners and Elevates New Counsel for 2023
ATLANTA (January 3) – Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton announced today the election of nine new members to its partnership and the elevation of 12 attorneys to counsel effective January 1, 2023.
Elected to Partner:
- Betsy Bengtson is on the Trademark & Copyright Team in Denver. Betsy counsels clients on a range of trademark matters including domestic and international trademark clearance, prosecution, portfolio management, and enforcement.
- Calla Yee is a member of the Trademark & Copyright Team in San Francisco. She focuses on global portfolio management, including domestic and foreign trademark clearance, global trademark prosecution, international and domestic trademark protection strategies, global portfolio audits, and comprehensive re-branding initiatives.
- Chris Schaffer is a member of the Electronics & Software Team in San Diego. He focuses on IP counseling, international patent prosecution, infringement and validity analyses, technology licensing and due diligence with an emphasis on power/analog electronics, semiconductors, electronics packaging, advanced materials, thermal management, mechanical systems, and software.
- Edgar Callaway is a member of the Finance General Corporate, M&A & Securities Team in Atlanta. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, corporate restructurings, capital raising, financing transactions, and general corporate matters.
- Edwin Garrison is a member of the Capital Markets Team in Atlanta. He focuses on the areas of real estate, finance and capital markets, specifically representing loan servicers and bondholders in connection with securitized commercial loans and securitization trusts.
- Forrest Flemming is a member of the Trademark & Copyright Team in Atlanta. He focuses his practice on trademark and commercial litigation where he has represented Fortune 500 companies in litigations in both state and federal courts, and at the trial and appellate level.
- Gautam Reddy is a member of the Construction & Infrastructure Projects Team in Atlanta. Focusing on construction and infrastructure projects and government contracting, he represents a variety of clients, including owners, EPC contractors, general contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals, in the U.S. and globally.
- Jeffrey Fisher is a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation Team in Atlanta. He is a trial lawyer who focuses on complex commercial litigation, including contractual disputes, class actions, and litigation involving restrictive covenants and trade secrets.
- Sara Fon Miller is a member of the M&A Securities and General Corporate Team in Atlanta. She focuses on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, capital raising, and other complex transactions, and general corporate and securities matters for both publicly traded and privately held clients.
Elevated to Counsel:
- Adam Gianola is a member of the Electronics & Software Team in Denver. He focuses on patent prosecution and counseling in materials, optics, software, and electronics.
- Alice Yu Magnuson is a member of the Labor & Employment Team in Raleigh. She focuses on employment law, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage & hour, class and collective actions, restrictive covenants, leaves of absence, employment agreements and policies, and employee classifications.
- Ashley Edmonds is a member of the Trademark & Copyright Team in Washington D.C. She focuses on domestic and international trademark counseling, portfolio management, clearance, and enforcement matters.
- Ava Conger is a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation Team in Atlanta. She focuses on complex commercial litigation, including contractual disputes, real estate disputes, and class action defense, as well as white-collar crime and internal investigations.
- Benjamin Kleinman is a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation Team in San Francisco. He focuses his practice on patent litigation and complex civil litigation, including trade secret and commercial disputes involving software and technology.
- David Hsu is a member of the Electronics & Software Team in Denver. He focuses his practice on patent preparation, prosecution, and related counseling with technical expertise in biotechnology, clean technology, and semiconductors.
- David Simpkins is a member of the Real Estate Finance & Capital Markets Team in Charlotte. He focuses on real estate finance and commercial mortgage-backed securities transactions while representing financial institutions, master servicers and special servicers regarding performing and distressed real estate loans.
- Elizabeth Spivey is a member of the Real Estate Investment & Development Team in Atlanta. She focuses on representing clients in the leasing, acquisition and development of commercial property.
- Kevin Bell is a member of the Patent & Trademark Litigation Team in Denver. He focuses on intellectual property litigation, including patent, trademark and copyright matters.
- Rachel Saimons is a member of the Native American Affairs Team in Seattle. She focuses on litigation, including Native American affairs and labor & employment-related matters.
- Tyler McAllister is a member of the Electronics & Software Team in Seattle. His practice focuses on patent preparation and prosecution, patent clearance and opinions, patent counseling, post-grant review, and related business and IP counseling. Tyler counsels clients in a wide range of technologies, with particular emphasis on health IT, fintech, machine learning, small form factor batteries, and wearable devices.
- Yifan Mao is a member of the Chemistry & Life Sciences Team in Silicon Valley. She focuses on patent counseling, prosecution, and due diligence matters in the chemistry and life sciences industries, focusing on areas related to diagnostics, large molecule therapeutics, devices, and sequencing technologies.
Betsy P. Bengtson
Christopher P. Schaffer
Edgar B. Callaway
Edwin H. Garrison
H. Forrest Flemming, III
Jeffrey H. Fisher
Adam J. Gianola, Ph.D.
Ashley M. Edmonds
Benjamin M. Kleinman
David D. Hsu, Ph.D.
David H. Simpkins
Elizabeth Y. Spivey
Rachel B. Saimons