Kilpatrick Townsend Elects New Partners and Elevates New Counsel for 2022
ATLANTA (January 5) – Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton announced today the election of 13 new members to its partnership and the elevation of five attorneys to counsel effective January 1, 2022.
Elected to Partner:
- J.T. Bergstrom is a member of the Electronic Engineering & Software Team in Denver. He focuses his practice on patent prosecution, patent litigation support, IP licensing, and IP portfolio strategy and management in the electronics, energy, and software fields.
- Megan Bussey is a member of the Mechanical & Medical Devices Team in New York. She concentrates her practice on intellectual property law, with particular emphasis on patent prosecution, patent litigation, and opinion work. Her practice involves a wide range of technologies, including medical devices, mechanical devices, textiles, merchandising displays and telecommunications.
- Melissa Capotosto is a member of the Trademark & Copyright Team in Atlanta. She works with clients to strategically develop, expand, and protect their brands in the United States and internationally. Her global trademark portfolio management practice includes clearance, prosecution, enforcement, and counseling.
- Farah Cook is a member of the Technology, Privacy & Cybersecurity Team in Atlanta. She concentrates her practice on technology-focused commercial agreements, marketing technology arrangements, advertising technology, and licensing of intellectual property, strategic alliances, content distribution arrangements, and SaaS products.
- Kelsey Donnalley is a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions and Securities Team in Atlanta. Her practice focuses on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, and general corporate and securities matters.
- Dan Englander is a member of the Trademark & Copyright Team in Atlanta. He develops and executes complex trademark strategies for international brands, including selecting trademarks and entertainment titles, filing applications and securing registrations around the world, and enforcing trademark and title rights across multiple jurisdictions.
- Daniel Johnson is a member of the Construction & Infrastructure Projects Team in Atlanta. He devotes 100 percent of his practice to construction litigation, alternative dispute resolution, government contracting, and construction contract drafting and negotiation. He represents regional, national, and international contractors, subcontractors, engineers, and owners in a variety of proceedings, including litigation, arbitration, and international arbitration, in addition to representing construction industry clients in transactional matters related to construction contracts.
- Greg Lazerus is a member of the Capital Markets Team in San Diego. He concentrates his practice in the area of real estate finance and CMBS matters with an emphasis on representing banks and loan servicers in connection with a range of real estate, securitization issues and related transactions.
- Joshua Lee is a member of the Patent Litigation Team in Atlanta. His practice focuses on the litigation of complex patent disputes in U.S. district courts across the country, at the International Trade Commission, and in trials before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. He is also a registered patent attorney before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and has substantial patent prosecution experience.
- Kate McCurry is a member of the Investment Management Team in Winston-Salem. She focuses her practice on investment management, with an emphasis on advising registered investment companies (including mutual funds, ETFs and interval funds) and their boards, and registered investment advisers with respect to formation, registration, and ongoing governance and compliance.
- Patrick Njeim is a member of the Electronic Engineering & Software Team in Seattle. He focuses his practice on patent preparation and prosecution, due diligence matters, infringement and validity opinions, portfolio analysis, patent litigation, and post-grant proceedings.
- Kenneth Shurtz is a member of the Mechanical & Medical Devices Team in San Francisco. He concentrates his practice on patent prosecution and counseling with an emphasis on advanced prosecution, vetting and defending portfolios for financing and M/A diligence, opinion work, inter partes review (IPR), and patent litigation support.
- Maritza Knight Winfunke is a member of the Capital Markets Team in Atlanta. She concentrates her practice in the area of real estate finance and capital markets. Her work includes representation of lenders, servicers and investors in various financial market transactions.
Elevated to Counsel:
- Raymond Fischer is a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation Team in Dallas. He focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation. He has represented clients in premises liability, products liability, transportation litigation, real estate litigation, franchise litigation, employment law issues, professional negligence and insurance litigation and coverage disputes.
- Edwin Garrison is a member of the Capital Markets Team in Atlanta. He practices in the areas of real estate, finance and capital markets, focusing primarily on representing loan servicers and bondholders in connection with securitized commercial loans and securitization trusts.
- Chris Schaffer is a member of the Electronic Engineering & Software Team in San Diego. He focuses his practice on IP counseling, patent prosecution, infringement and validity analyses, technology licensing and due diligence with an emphasis in the areas of telecommunications, power electronics, semiconductors, electronics packaging, advanced materials, thermal management, mechanics, and software.
- Torrey Spink is a member of the Mechanical & Medical Devices Team in Denver. He focuses his practice on patent prosecution and counseling. His practice involves patents relating to a variety of technologies including electrical devices, computer hardware, software, mechanical and medical devices.
- Beth Winters is a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation Team in Winston-Salem. She litigates complex commercial, trade secret, securities, Native American, and other legal issues for both plaintiffs and defendants.
James T. Bergstrom
Melissa B. Capotosto
Kelsey P. Donnalley
Daniel K. Johnson
Charles G. Lazerus, Jr.
Katherine A. McCurry
Patrick M. Njeim, MSc.
Kenneth Shurtz, P.E.
Maritza Knight Winfunke
Raymond T. Fischer
Edwin H. Garrison
Christopher P. Schaffer
Elizabeth L. Winters