Insights: News Releases Kilpatrick Townsend Elects New Partners
Partnership Effective January 1, 2017
ATLANTA (December 6) – Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton announced today the election of eight new members to its partnership effective January 1, 2017.
“We are proud of the accomplishments of this talented class of new partners, and offer them our congratulations,” said Henry Walker, Kilpatrick Townsend Chairman. “These attorneys have a proven track record of excellence, leadership, and commitment to exceptional client service. Our new partners have shown a great ability to collaborate with their colleagues to advise clients on complex legal issues to help them succeed. We are honored to call them partners and look forward to their future successes.”
- Caroline Barbee is a member of the firm’s Trademark & Copyright team in the Los Angeles office. She focuses her practice on all areas of intellectual property litigation and protection, including copyright and trademark infringement litigation, as well as registering, policing, and enforcing trademarks and copyrights.
- Sarah Jurkiewicz is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Investment & Development Team in the Atlanta office. She has experience in all aspects of commercial real estate including acquisitions, dispositions, development, and leasing and operations of office, retail and hotel properties.
- Scott McMillan is a member of the firm’s Electronics & Software team in the Denver office. His practice covers various aspects of patent law, including foreign and domestic patent prosecution, portfolio management, and strategic development; infringement and validity studies; and licensing and due diligence support.
- Dean Powell is a member of the firm’s Chemistry & Life Sciences Team in the Winston-Salem office. He concentrates his practice on intellectual property matters, including patent litigation and patent prosecution.
- Karam J. Saab is a member of the firm’s Electronics & Software team in the Denver office. He focuses his practice on patent prosecution and counseling in the electronics and software fields. He has extensive experience in expediting the patent process for his clients in the United States and developing patent portfolios worldwide for medical devices, home safety equipment, television equipment, and home automation devices.
- Andrew Sachs is a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Securities Team in the Winston-Salem office. He focuses his practice on advising registered investment companies and investment advisers with respect to organizational matters, corporate governance matters, compliance matters, M&A, and other operational and management issues.
- Jill Tomlinson is a member of the firm’s Trademark & Copyright team in the New York office. She focuses her practice on domestic and international trademark and copyright matters including trademark clearance, counseling, prosecution and contested proceedings.
- Chris Varas is a member of the firm’s Trademark & Copyright team in the Seattle office. He is a litigator in the fields of intellectual property and technology. Mr. Varas focuses his practice on copyright, trademark and right of publicity.
For more information about Kilpatrick Townsend, please visit: www.kilpatricktownsend.com.
Follow the firm on Twitter: @KTS_Law.
Related People View All
Caroline Y. Barbee
Sarah P. Jurkiewicz
N. Dean Powell, Jr.
Karam J. Saab
Christopher T. Varas
While we are pleased to have you contact us by telephone, surface mail, electronic mail, or by facsimile transmission, contacting Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP or any of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship. The formation of an attorney-client relationship requires consideration of multiple factors, including possible conflicts of interest. An attorney-client relationship is formed only when both you and the Firm have agreed to proceed with a defined engagement.
DO NOT CONVEY TO US ANY INFORMATION YOU REGARD AS CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL A FORMAL CLIENT-ATTORNEY RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED.
If you do convey information, you recognize that we may review and disclose the information, and you agree that even if you regard the information as highly confidential and even if it is transmitted in a good faith effort to retain us, such a review does not preclude us from representing another client directly adverse to you, even in a matter where that information could be used against you.