- USPTO Changes to Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Export controls can apply to information resulting from activities related to preparing a patent application. The information can include disclosure materials, foreign filing license materials, draft patent applications.
- Export controls can apply independently of obtaining a U.S.P.T.O. foreign filing license for the technology at hand.
- An export may occur even when the information does not crosses the U.S. borders and stays within the U.S.
- When the information relates to a defense article, an international traffic in arms regulations (ITAR) license may be required from the Department of State. Otherwise, the information may be classified according to the export administration regulations (EAR) of the Department of Commerce.
- EAR99 classification may not require an export license.
Monday, February 28, 2022
The Pines Lodge
Beaver Creek, Colorado
While we are pleased to have you contact us by telephone, surface mail, electronic mail, or by facsimile transmission, contacting Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP or any of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship. The formation of an attorney-client relationship requires consideration of multiple factors, including possible conflicts of interest. An attorney-client relationship is formed only when both you and the Firm have agreed to proceed with a defined engagement.
DO NOT CONVEY TO US ANY INFORMATION YOU REGARD AS CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL A FORMAL CLIENT-ATTORNEY RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED.
If you do convey information, you recognize that we may review and disclose the information, and you agree that even if you regard the information as highly confidential and even if it is transmitted in a good faith effort to retain us, such a review does not preclude us from representing another client directly adverse to you, even in a matter where that information could be used against you.