Insights: News Kilpatrick Townsend Once Again Achieves Impressive Rankings in Annual IAM Patent 1000
The Firm Earned Outstanding Recognition in Numerous Categories: China, International, U.S. National and U.S. Regional Rankings
ATLANTA (July 14) – Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton announced today that 24 Kilpatrick Townsend attorneys were named to the 2022 IAM Patent 1000 - The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners (IAM Patent 1000). The firm earned outstanding distinction in China: Foreign & International rankings, and also achieved recognition in the United States National category, and in five states including: California, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Washington.
In the China: Foreign region, Kilpatrick Townsend was one of only 18 firms ranked. In the International band, the firm was one of the leading 36 firms noted with distinction. Kilpatrick Townsend was also one of only 17 firms recognized in U.S. National, Prosecution category.
Kilpatrick Townsend received Gold Band designation for the firm’s patent team in Georgia and for patent prosecution in Washington. The firm was ranked Highly Recommended, the highest level of recognition, in patent prosecution and ranked in litigation and transactions category in Colorado. Kilpatrick Townsend was singled out for patent prosecution and litigation in California, and the firm’s patent team in North Carolina was also recognized.
Commentary throughout the 2022 rankings about the firm’s patent prowess includes the following:
• “A destination of first choice for prosecution, it has a high-caliber line-up of experts in Washington...”
• “…its professionals practice with exceptional rigor from start to finish of the patent procurement process and deliver crisp results on every file. More specifically, it is a “go-to firm in Colorado with a large following of marquee clients and a deep bench of top-notch attorneys”
• “The Chinese practice at Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton fits the bill for those interested in expanding their IP portfolios to the United States. With an excellent grasp of US laws and regulations in addition to a deep local cultural understanding, the outfit offers tailored advice on patent matters such as portfolio strategy, litigation and prosecution.”
• From the California overview: “Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton’s patent practice is extremely well balanced across the areas of prosecution, strategic counselling and litigation, making it an outstanding one-stop shop for innovative companies of all kinds.”
• From the Georgia overview: “The IP experts at Kilpatrick Townsend overlay their deep substantive patent law knowledge with a strategic approach to IP value creation that appeals to a large number of Fortune 500 companies. The ensemble’s bench depth is another major selling point…”
• From the North Carolina overview: “The pivotal importance of intellectual property for Kilpatrick Townsend is reflected in its strength in depth in patent and trademark practice; few firms in the country provide such a well-rounded service. Many of the outfit’s patent specialists demonstrate exceptional versatility, too, which further enhances the comprehensiveness of the service.”
For more information and commentary about Kilpatrick Townsend’s outstanding 2022 IAM Patent 1000 rankings, please click here.
The IAM Patent 1000 guide was compiled following an extensive research process. For over five months, IAM conducted thousands of detailed interviews with numerous private practice lawyers and in-house counsel to gather market intelligence on the leading players in the field. Individuals qualified for a listing in the IAM Patent 1000 when they received sufficient positive feedback from peers and clients with knowledge of their practice and the market within which they operate. For more information on IAM Patent 1000, please click here.
Kilpatrick Townsend attorneys named as top patent practitioners include:
• John Alemanni
• Nena Bains
• Jesse Bennett
• Eugene Bernard
• Charles Calkins
• Matias Ferrario
• Thomas Franklin
• Steven Gardner
• Darin Gibby
• Charles Gray
• Jamie Isbester
• Wab Kadaba
• Sujit Kotwal
• Justin Krieger
• Craig Largent
• Tina McKeon
• Steve Moore
• Kris Reed
• Dean Russell
• Andrew Serafini
• William Shaffer
• Mitchell Stockwell
• Renae Wainwright
• Roger Wylie
Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) was launched in July 2003 to address the need for organizations to maximize the value of their IP and other intangibles, and to examine the strategies they can put in place to do this. IAM is unique because it treats IP as a business asset and tool rather than simply as a legal right.
Related People View All
- Agribusiness & Food Technology
- Apparel, Accessories & Luxury Goods
- Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Consumer Goods
- Media & Entertainment
- Electronics & Computer Technology
- Food, Restaurant & Beverage
- Health & Life Sciences
- Home Furnishings
- Lease Disputes & Restructuring
- Medical & Surgical Devices
- Oil & Gas
- Retail & Consumer Goods
While we are pleased to have you contact us by telephone, surface mail, electronic mail, or by facsimile transmission, contacting Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP or any of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship. The formation of an attorney-client relationship requires consideration of multiple factors, including possible conflicts of interest. An attorney-client relationship is formed only when both you and the Firm have agreed to proceed with a defined engagement.
DO NOT CONVEY TO US ANY INFORMATION YOU REGARD AS CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL A FORMAL CLIENT-ATTORNEY RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED.
If you do convey information, you recognize that we may review and disclose the information, and you agree that even if you regard the information as highly confidential and even if it is transmitted in a good faith effort to retain us, such a review does not preclude us from representing another client directly adverse to you, even in a matter where that information could be used against you.