The real estate industry is accustomed to shifts in the economy and business changes, but within the past decade the industry has experienced both an historic boom as well as an unprecedented downturn and paradigm shift.
Kilpatrick Townsend attorneys have served real estate clients and corporate clients with real estate interests through these years of transition. We are involved in projects across the real estate industry, including the following:
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Complex financing and capital formation projects including loan origination and formation of investment vehicles
- Development and redevelopment
- Economic incentives
- Eminent Domain (Condemnation Law)
- Equity investment
- Fund formation
- Headquarters relocation and project delivery
- Leasing and asset management
- Sale/leaseback transactions
Our clients include:
- Banks and financial institutions
- Corporations with significant real estate assets or operational needs
- Fortune 500 and other owners of real estate
- Fund sponsors
- Gaming and hospitality companies
- Governmental agencies
- Real estate funds
- Real estate owners
The attorneys in the practice work closely with attorneys in other practice areas whenever their experience in aspects of international commerce can benefit the clients. For example, attorneys throughout the firm have considerable experience involving real estate in the fields of income taxation (including REIT taxation); banking and other private finance; joint ventures and other business organizations; securities regulation; creditor’s rights and debtor’s reorganization proceedings; environmental law; sustainable development; Brownfields redevelopment; construction matters; and international investment.
Attorneys in the Real Estate Practice are members of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers and the American College of Mortgage Attorneys, and are listed in The Best Lawyers in America.